During the webinar “Personal Property of Spouses Under the Joint Ownership Regime” held by Civil Law Scholar’s Club, Olesya Petrol, a partner in the firm, and Andrey Egorov, the editor-in-chief of Civil Law magazine, discussed the following:
- Conceptual solutions for accounting of personal property in various systems of property relations of spouses in the world and in Russia.
- Defining personal property under Russian law: disputable cases.
- What is the fate of personal property transformed during the marriage?
- How does one prove personal nature of property when there is a transformation of property in marriage: presumption of joint ownership, burden of proof, evidence.
- What is the effect of registering property purchased with personal funds in the name of the other spouse?
- Is the increase in value of personal (primarily pre-marital) property during marriage subject to the community property regime?
Read more about the event here.